Pages

Saturday 27 August 2011

De-List MEK: Thousands Rally In Washington : British MP Brian Binley

Thousands of Iranian - Americans rallied in Washington DC, to demand an end to the shackling of the Iranian opposition: MEK.
The Mujahedin e khalq is a pro-democracy movement whose founders first culminated the MEK after they separated from the popular National Front that went back to the days of Dr. Mohamad Mosadegh – the iconic National leader that nationalized the oil industry and hence helping the poverty stricken Iranian Nation at the time.

The founders of the Mujahedin were students who had studied other contemporary “Freedom Movements” and assessed that there was a need for an organized pro-Democratic organization to introduce change in the society. At the time they were against the Military dictatorship of the Shah and therefore were shunned and hunted by the Shah’s Savak( secret police) .
Later all leading members were arrested. Accusations voiced by Iranian regime sources and picked up by the US state Department with regards to “American Killings” are all void, since at the time the organization leadership was all imprisoned and the group was dealing with an internal coup de eta by a member who tried to take over the group in the absence of the leadership. Vahid Afrakhte later admitted in an interview with a newspaper before he was hanged by the Khomeini revolutionary court that he was responsible for the attacks and the older members who were imprison had no knowledge at the time.

Many other accusations have also tinted the reputation of the MEK, which in reality is the main threat and rival to the present fascist mullahs in power.
All have explanations and documents to reject the claims and have already been put to test in twenty EU courts.
Thousands of Members of Parliament in various European Cities have declared full backing for the MEK in view of the huge propaganda war waged by the mullahs to deface the opposition.
One such honorable is MP Biran Binley, who also participated in the protest in Washington.

 
Text of Speech by MP Brian Binely  on 26 August, Washington rally.  
Ladies and gentlemen, time is very short and you’re going to be marching through these very historic streets to make a point to the lady who spends her working time in that office. So I want to be very brief.
First of all, I want to thank you for welcoming me with an earthquake. I secondly want to say: I look forward to the hurricane you’ve arranged tomorrow. And I now say thank you for my five minutes. It’s a privilege to be with you. Could I also say what an honor it is to speak on the same platform as the great men you’ve listened to this morning, and the gentlemen you will listen to if I only stick to five minutes. What a privelige to stand in the capital of this great democracy; to be able to speak to you as free individuals in a democratic society.

Let me send my good wishes to my colleagues in Camp Ashraf: salam, Camp Ashraf, we are with you. Let me tell you that I represent about 400 parliamentarians from what I consider to be the mother of parliament, the British Parliament. And can I say to you that they stand with you too. You may know that I was one of the 35 parliamentarians who put his name amongst others to the petition to remove the PMOI from the British prescribed list. It was a battle that we succeeded, and we succeeded because one of the senior judges of our land said that that prescription was perverse. It was one of the most remarkable statements made in a British court—to call a decision of government “perverse.” Now let me tell you that for a nation that I’ve always looked up to, the great United States of America, to uphold a listing which my country – the legal jurisdiction of my country – described as perverse is unacceptable of this nation.

So let me say to Mrs. Clinton, and I pray to the almighty that she listens to these words: My parents were around in 1939 that it became vital that we stood up against the Nazi attack on our society and yours. I was there when I saw the troops go to Iraq. But I did not see those troops give their lives in support of a government which supports Iran. But what I say to Mrs. Clinton is send a message to that government. Send a message to al-Maliki: we in free and democratic societies will not put up with what you’re doing. Let her, as a first step, deproscripe the MeK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment