Pages

Thursday 11 August 2011

106th Day of si-in at UN in Geneva: Iranians ask UN to prevent Massacre of my friends


Iranians have been protesting in front of the UN - Geneva, for the silence it has kept over the massacre that took place in my city Ashraf on April 9th. I and 35 others were killed. (I know it sounds strange).
 They shout : UN, UN take Action, ensure Ashraf protection
But.. UN is still SILENT !
I was thinking: ... Are we going to be the next Srebrenica??
Is the world going to wait and watch? or are they actually paving the way for a bloodshed?



I am remembering the scenes: Utmost viciousness on behalf of the Maliki forces, and maximum tolerance and bravery on behalf of my friends. The Iraqi thugs - or military- had attacked with bullets, sticks and Humvees as well as sharpshooters, where as we?.. Well we had our placards in hand asking them to respect our basic rights.



We wanted to be like many others like us, and as we were for the past 15 years. We had obtained our own land- the land had been deserted for the past 25 years. We worked our sweat out on the land and turned it into agricultural land, with parks, a hotel, a mosque , super markets and University as well as sports stadium with swimming pools and .. The site had turned into a social space for neighboring tribes. Of course we always welcomed them with open arms.

They are still there. They had tricked the world to cover their real intention and said we only want to take parts of our land back. (They had no land and it was only an excuse).

But now that they have arched in killing and crushing us to death, they are still there, and no "farmer" has come to claim his land. Instead they have fortified for - I think - another attack!

I am also afraid for my friends and my sister who is still alive and there. 

I only wish Mrs. Clinton would first look this place as a “Human being” and then as a “Politician”

Please share the photos with me. 














0 comments:

Post a Comment